Dr Duane D. Miller giving evidence of a divine gift and call to the ministry and of the good news of the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) and consecration to that call, according to the Word of God, is Ordained (in year 2009) as a Messianic Minister by the Coalition of Torah Observant Messianic Congregations (CTOMC).
Purpose of Website:
The name “MATSATI,” is taken from the Hebrew root word consisting of the three Hebrew letters “mem” (מ), “Tsadi” (צ), and “Aleph” (א) for the word MATSA (מצא). MATSA is a 3rd-Aleph Verb meaning “to find, or to meet someone.” The Qal Perfect First Person Common Singular form is MATSATI meaning “I have found,” which begs the question “what have you found?” I have found Salvation in God’s Messiah, His name is “Yeshua.” The website MATSATI.COM Teaching Ministry (and YouTube Channel) contains various articles and videos covering a variety of topics including Biblical commentaries on the weekly Torah portion, the Psalms, and the spiritual insights we receive from the latest Scientific research in chemistry and physics. The format of the articles and studies are meant to be appropriate for both the Jewish and the Gentile reader. For most non-Jewish readers, the Studies will take a little time to get used to. The goal is to deepen our faith and relationship with the Lord while learning more about His word (the Bible), and trying to understand first century Judaism, culturally and rabinically, by looking at the Talmud, Mishnah, and the Midrashim (rabbinic commentary), etc. It is my goal to help inspire, educate, encourage, and motivate everyone as we all serve together in the Messiah Yeshua for the furthering of His Kingdom!
While studying the Bible, it is important to consider the history, the culture, and the people, in order to help us understand the meaning of the Scriptures. The reason being, we tend to apply our present day understanding in the mental reconstructions of what is taking place in the biblical text. This causes us in some ways to be anachronistic in our understanding of Scripture. Anachronism is the presentation of history with chronological inconsistencies where an artifact, idea, or word is inserted out of its originating context. In an attempt to circumvent anachronism, MATSATI.COM Teaching Ministry examines the Hebrew (Masoretic Text, Ginsburgs), Aramaic (Targumim), and Greek (Septuagint) Scriptures, coupled with studies in the rabbinic literature (the Talmud, the Mishnah, Midrashim, and Jewish commentary). Our goal is to immerse ourselves in the history, the culture, and the people who lived in the time of Moshe, the Prophets, and the Messiah, while studying the Scriptures to increase our faith and deepen our relationship with the Lord!
In the greatest command we read the following:
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and all your soul and all your might. Take to heart these instructions with which I charge you this day. Impress them upon your children. Recite them when you stay at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise up.” (Deuteronomy 6:5-7)
We are told these instructions are to be on our hearts and our lips when we lie down and when we rise up, we are to be daily in the Word of God. Traditionally Torah study was encouraged not only to sharpen one’s mind, but also to serve as a guide for living a moral life. It follows then that if one takes studying the Torah seriously he will choose the right path in life and be the kind of person the Lord wants him to be. This should be our goal, to obey the Lord God Almighty, out of our love for Him. If you have questions or would like to discuss anything, please send me an email.
Dr. Duane D. Miller has been studying the Hebrew Scriptures and the Torah for 20+ years and sharing what he has learned. The studies developed for MATSATI.COM are freely to be used by everyone, to God be the Glory!
Biblical Published Work: Published Books Written
Dr Duane D Miller Works Professionally as a research engineer! He received his Ph.D., M.S., and B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering from The University of Akron Ohio. He is currently a Chemical Engineering Researcher. Duane’s research expertise has focused upon functional materials development for the control, conversion, and release of process gases in Energy production technologies. His R&D interests include computational chemistry, developing novel technologies for converting biomass to fuels and studying their fundamental interactions during the chemical conversion process. His past experience includes sorbent development for pre- and post-combustion CO2 and SO2 capture, selective absorption of H2S from methane streams, O2 capture for oxy-fuel combustion, photocatalytic reduction of alcohols, NOx reduction catalysis, the development of oxygen carriers to combust fossil fuels (CH4 and coal) for the chemical looping combustion processes, and the extraction of rare earth elements using patent pending sorbents. His research expertise has focused on operando-characterization using Infrared, Raman, and UV-Vis spectroscopy to observe the nature of the catalytic active sites and reaction intermediates under realistic reaction conditions, allowing direct correlation of molecular/electronic structures with catalyst performance during Gas-Solid / Liquid-Solid Adsorption and Photocatalytic Processes with real time online analysis of reaction products using ICP-MS and Mass Spectrometry. His current work involves a multi-disciplinary approach to developing, understanding, and improving the catalytic gasification of coal and methane, high temperature chemical looping combustion, and the catalytic decomposition and gasification of biomass and coal using novel microwave enhanced reactions.
ORGANO CLAYS FOR RECOVERY OF RARE EARTH METALS. U.S. Department of Energy, 16N-19, Patent Pending.
REGENERABLE MGO PROMOTED METAL OXIDE OXYGEN CARRIERS FOR CHEMICAL LOOPING COMBUSTIOM. U.S. Department of Energy, assignee. Patent US8807988 B2. 19 Aug. 2014.
Scientific Published Work:
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Unraveling the Structure and Binding Energy of Absorbed CO2/H2O on Amine Sorbents,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2020, 124, 24677−24689
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Microwave-induced Selective Decomposition of Cellulose: Computational and Experimental Mechanistic Study,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, 2020, Vol.150, pp109858
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Interaction of manganese with aluminosilicate support during high temperature (1100 oC) chemical looping combustion of the Fe-Mn-based oxygen carrier,” Fuel 263 (2020) 116738
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Interaction of Methane and Calcium Ferrite in the Chemical Looping Partial Oxidation Application: Experimental and DFT Study,” Energy and Fuels 2020, 34, 2193-2204
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Development of Fe-based oxygen carrier using spent FCC catalyst as support for high temperature chemical looping combustion,” Fuel 259 (2020) 116239
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “CaFe2O4 oxygen carrier characterization during the partial oxidation of coal in the chemical looping gasification application,” Applied energy 224 (2018) 706-716
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Anion structural effects on interaction of rare earth element ions with Dowex 50W X8 cation exchange resin,” Journal of Rare Earths 36 (2018) 879-890
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Control of CO2 Adsorption and Desorption using Polyethylene Glycol in a Tetraethylenepentamine Thin Film: an In Situ ATR and Theoretical Study,” J. Phys. Chem. C 2016, 2016, 120, p 25489-25504
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “The effect of Electron-Donating Groups and Hydrogen Bonding on H2S Capture over Polyethylene Glycol/Amine Sites, J. Phys. Chem. C 2016, 120, 1147-1162
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Fluidized-Bed and Fixed-Bed Reactor Testing of Methane Chemical Looping Combustion with MgO-Promoted Hematite,” Applied Energy 146 (2015) 111–121
- Ranjani Siriwardane, Hanjing Tian, Duane D. Miller, George Richards, “Fluidized Bed Testing of Commercially Prepared MgO-Promoted Hematite and CuO-Fe2O3 Mixed Oxide Oxygen Carriers for Methane and Coal Chemical Looping Combustion,” Applied Energy 146 (2015) 111–121.
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Experimental and Theoretical investigation of SO2 Absorption over 1,3-phenylenediamine/SiO2 system, J. Phys. Chem. C 2015, 119, 6713−6727.
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Mechanism of Methane Chemical Looping Combustion with Hematite Promoted with CeO2.” Energy Fuels 27(8) (2013): 4087-4096.
- E R. Monazam, R W. Breault, R Siriwardane, and Duane D. Miller, Thermogravimetric Analysis of Modified Hematite by Methane (CH4) for Chemical-Looping Combustion: A Global Kinetics Mechanism, Eng. Chem. Res. 2013, 52, 14808−14816
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Oxygen Separation from Air over Ni-Transition Metal Complexes.” Energy Fuels 2011, 25 (10), 4261-4270.
- R Siriwardane, H Tian, Duane Miller, G Richards, T Simonyi, J Poston, Evaluation of reaction mechanism of coal–metal oxide interactions in chemical-looping combustion., Combustion and Flame (2009) 157(11): 2198-2208.
- Duane D. Miller, et al, In situ infrared study of NO reduction over PdO/Al2O3 and Ag-OPdO/Al2O3 catalysts under H2-rich and lean-burn conditions, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers (2009), 40(6), 613-621
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “Pulse Transient Response of NO Decomposition and Reduction with H2 on Ag-Pd/Al2O3,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2009, 113, p.14963-14971.
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “The effect of O2 on the NO-CO reaction over Ag-Pd/Al2O3: An in situ infrared study,” Catalysis Communications, 2009. 10(9): p. 1313-1318.
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “In Situ Infrared Study of NO Reduction over Pd/Al2O3 and Ag-Pd/Al2O3 Catalysts under H2-Rich and Lean-burn Conditions,” Journal of Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers (2009) in press.
- Duane D. Miller, et al, “In Situ ATR Study of Photocatalytic Dehydrogenation of Alcohols on Au and Pd Catalysts,” Chemical Industries (Boka Raton, FL, United States) (2008), 123 (Catalysis of Organic Reactions), 405-409
MATSATI.COM Teaching Ministry